I've decided to do a Daddy and Daughter Father's Day Picnic Breakfast on Sunday in our backyard. I instantly thought of filled crepes with strawberry topping. Doesn't that sound good...why don't we eat more crepes here in the US??? When I was in Paris, I ate them everyday! They are so delish and versatile. So of course my brain went to party mode. How about a crepes buffet at your next shindig? Here are some suggestions for toppings and fillings. So if you go with this idea ~ send photos!!
- Ham, cheese, tomato, and mushroom with sour cream
- Mixed in season vegetables (like mushroom, zucchini, asparagus, green bean sautéed in a lemon dressing with mixed Parmesan and Swiss cheese) a great vegetarian option
- Mixed greens, cheese and chicken with ranch dressing
- Shredded pork in a tomato based sauce
- Shrimp and sautéed spinach in a creamy feta sauce
- Smoked salmon and cream cheese with tomato and dill
- Peanut butter and jelly-ok maybe not so Savory but still good especially for the kiddos!
- Banana and peanut butter
- Cinnamon and sugar
- Marion berry jam
- Nutella and whip cream
- Nutella, strawberries, banana and whip cream
- Lemon and sugar
- Sweet cheese and pineapple in a vanilla sauce
- Chocolate sauce and whip cream