Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Tablescape Thursday- A Green Thanksgiving

It's Tablescape Thursday...Yeah!! Once again, thanks Susan over at Between Naps odon the Porch for hosting. Please go to her site and check out all of the wonderful tablescapes! As promised, this week I did a Thanksgiving tablescape. Didn't want to do 3 Halloween tablescapes in a row!
Here is my green Thanksgiving! I got the color inspiration from one of my guest bedrooms - green, gold and brown.

The polka dot napkins are under the plates. As you know, I don't like a napkin to just sit on the left side of the plate without any pizazz! You could use a gold paint pen to write your guests on the acorns for placecards.
I just love these green and brown acorn trees that I found at Hobby Lobby (50% off)! I bought the pumpkins and votives last year at Kirklands.

Here was the centerpiece container before gold spray paint. What an ugly green...the picture doesn't show how bad! I got it on clearance from Big Lots for $6.
After a coat of gold spray paint. Just added fruit from my backyard and a couple of floral bushes.


Sorry my pictures aren't good! I bought this nice SLR camera but it's so complicated -I don't know how to use it. So for now, I'm still using my point and shoot. On my list - learn how to use my camera and Photoshop!!
Hobby Lobby had matching acorn ornaments.
DIY project: I put a rubber band around the candle and stuffed leaves underneath then used ribbon to cover up rubber band.
Hope you like my Thanksgiving table- please leave a comment. I love reading them and I'm meeting so many new blogging friends. LOVE IT!!

18 comments:

  1. wow the pumpkin is wonderful and the acorns, they are my thing this year and they are wonderful

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty. Love the color combos. The acorns were a nice find. The "urn" looks so much better spray painted gold.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a beautiful tablescape.The colours you have used are really lovely. I have just posted my very 1st tablescape and would love your opinion since you seem to really have a flair with colour. Best wishes, NM.

    ReplyDelete
  4. A very pretty table -- such a clever use of color -- i love all the colors together -- it's a refreshing change!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the colors and a great idea for the candles. Thanks for the ideas. My first visit to your site - I hope to join in TT next week.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is a very pretty table...love the acorns, pumpkins, acorn trees and the tall wire basket with the fruit. Very, very nice....thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think its gorgeous ! I'm wanting a better camera too but I probably won't be able to work it either !

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, I love it. I love polka dots, acorns and I'm amazed at what you did with the centerpiece. Fruit from your backyard? Want to trade homes for a few weeks?

    Thanks for visiting me and commenting. I'm still new to blogging and this was my second tablescape, so I really appreciate it. I'm going to click the follow button because I love the table and I just spotted M&M's...I'll like your stuff.
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  9. This tablescape is too cute ( in a very good way)! The napkins really add a fun pop and tie it altogether. I like your style. You have given me many new ideas. Thanks!
    Yvonne

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for visiting my blog and leaving a comment! I am a new blogger and I am totally addicted! I wish I had more time to spend looking at more blogs! Also, thanks for becoming followers! I am having another drawing when I reach 50 for a $50 giftcard from Target!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sue,
    Our backyard is the main reason we bought our home. I love it so much! I will have to submit pics one day!

    ReplyDelete
  12. You are very creative and I am so impressed that the fruit is from your backyard. I love the color theme and the acorns as placecards!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Nice--I love the brown and green together!! The acorns on the plates are a nice touch!

    nannykim at spindle cottage

    ReplyDelete
  14. Really COOL color combination, Maddy!
    You know I'm heading out to BL today to look for a similar container for centerpieces! Your's is awesome!

    ♥ Rettabug

    ReplyDelete
  15. Like everything I've seen that you've shared, this table is fabulous. Love the green and brown theme and all the different acorns. I'm really into acorns this fall. What are the ones on the plates?

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful tablescape..love all your details!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Rettabug,
    Did you find the container at BL?

    Sarah,
    I found those acorns at Homegoods. There were 6 in a package for $8.

    Thanks for the compliments ladies!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Beautiful. I love the way you show how to decorate great tablescapes on a budget. Wonderful details.

    Feel free to check out my party blog at:
    http://itsmypartybyashlie.blogspot.com/

    I recently decorated an Oktoberfest party for a friend.

    ReplyDelete